The firm was founded in 1916 by Charles Stanley Hays. In 1924 Mr Hays moved to Lytham St Anne’s. He opened another office there and commuted by train to Heckmondwike. In 1955 Eric Orbaum joined the firm and was soon joined in partnership by his brother Sidney and later by his son David Orbaum.
The present partners of the firm are Robert Dawson and Richard Walker. The firm still operates from its original premises at Oldfield Lane, Heckmondwike but from the two small offices occupied by Mr Hays, the firm has now taken over the whole of the building on the corner of Oldfield Lane and Market Street. The easily accessible ground floor reception area also serves as the showroom for our in house estate agency.